What should I bring to camp?
The following is a suggested clothing and supply list for summer camp. Please bring as many of these items as possible. If you have problems with anything on this list, please call Buford Foundation’s Executive Director Cliff McEvoy at (402) 312-2920.
Each camper is allowed to bring one canvas/nylon duffel bag (no oversize bags.) Please bring one day pack (small lightweight backpack). Also, bring one sleeping bag (preferably the type which rolls tight – inside it’s own nylon storage sack.)
- 2-3 pairs of pants (sweatpants, running pants)
- 1 pair of jeans
- 3-4 t-shirts
- 1-2 long sleeve shirts
- warm jacket
- pairs of hiking shorts (not tight or too short)
- pair of shoes for hiking (tennis shoes/boots)
- pair water shoes or sandals (not flip flops)
- 6-7 pairs of comfortable socks for hiking shoes
- Cotton bandanna or ball cap for sun
- Stocking cap (warm)
- Winter gloves
- Rain gear
- Swimsuit (for white water rafting)
- 1-2 washcloths
- Flat sheet
- Sleeping bag
- Bug spray
- Lip balm
- Day pack/backpack
- Water bottle
- Book to read (optional)
- Camera (not phone – optional)
- Flashlight/batteries (camping or reading at night)
DO NOT BRING
Radios, Ipods, laptops, Ipads, cell phones, knives, matches or lighters,
snacks, candy, pop, hair spray, cologne or electronic games
REMEMBER… you are at camp. Don’t bring your favorite clothes; we will get dirty.
It can get cold in the mountains; don’t forget to include warm clothes.